When Should I Get Car Maintenance?
When should I get car maintenance and what services options are there? Keeping track of everything that needs to be completed on your car and at what intervals doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Whether you’re financing or leasing your vehicle, stay on top of your car’s maintenance with this guide from Ray Catena Union Mercedes-Benz!
Frequency of Maintenance
How often you need to get maintenance on your car depends on the exact vehicle and the type of service required. To understand this, consider:
- Checking your owner’s manual, where a regular maintenance schedule should be included.
- Inspecting the car yourself every so often to catch anything that may seem off, whether that be tire air pressure, fluid levels, or battery.
There are certain services that every vehicle needs at regular intervals, including:
- Engine oil changes every 3,000 to 10,000 miles, depending on the type of oil
- Tire rotations with every oil change
- Windshield wiper blades whenever visibility is waning
- Cabin and engine air filters as they get dirty
- Spark plug and alignment checks
- Timing belt replacement every 60,000 miles
- Serpentine belt replacement every 40,000 miles
Remember that your owner’s manual will have the exact mileage for your specific model.
Schedule Service with Ray Catena Union Mercedes-Benz
When you schedule service at Ray Catena Union Mercedes-Benz, you can expect technicians who know your car’s maintenance schedule, and who complete the job with authentic Mercedes-Benz parts. Have you tried to change your Mercedes-Benz key fob battery lately? Learn how to change your key fob battery, or ask our technicians for help when you come in for maintenance.