How to Replace Your Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Battery
If you are noticing increasing key fob difficulties for your Mercedes-Benz, it may be time to replace the key fob batteries. Find out how to replace it at Mercedes-Benz of Union near Scotch Plains and contact us if you have any questions! If you are still having trouble with your keys after following our guide below, schedule service at our authorized Mercedes-Benz service center and get the benefit of genuine OEM parts and expert technicians.
When to Replace Your Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Battery
You may notice a few warning signs that will indicate it’s time to change the battery in your Mercedes-Benz key fob, including:
- If you have the KEYLESS GO® push-button start feature and your vehicle becomes increasingly difficult to start, that can mean the key battery is too low to send a signal.
- If you are having increasing difficulty locking and unlocking your doors, or you set off the panic alarm when you try to open the door, your battery may be on its last legs.
- A dashboard warning light may appear that indicates an issue with the charging system, which means you are losing battery power in your fob.
If you run into any of these issues on the go around Scotch Plains, follow the steps below to change the battery in your Mercedes-Benz key fob and avoid more problems down the road.
Replace Your Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Battery
- Determine Your Key Type: Whether you have a Mercedes-Benz Chrome Key or a Mercedes-Benz Smart Key alters how the batteries are changed.
- Get the Right Batteries: A Smart Key needs two CR 2025 batteries while the Chrome Key on newer Mercedes-Benz vehicles only needs one.
- Smart Key: For the Smart Key, pull the latch at the end of the key holder, stick your key horizontally into the open slot, and lift the battery compartment out to replace the batteries.
- Chrome Key: When changing a Chrome Key battery, pull on the tab at the bottom, push the key into the narrow end of the slot to remove the cover, and replace the battery.
- Reassemble and Test: Put the key fob back together and test each button shortly to confirm function.
Experience Affordable Mercedes-Benz Service Cost at Mercedes-Benz of Union
If you have trouble with replacing your key battery, our Union service center can assist you. Come to Mercedes-Benz of Union for regularly scheduled Service A, Service B, and any repairs you might need in the Bayonne area. Be sure you check out our service specials before you visit so you can take advantage of our rotating savings!
More from Mercedes-Benz of Union
S-Class Family Features: AIRMATIC® Suspension LED Intelligent Light System KEYLESS GO® HANDS-FREE ACCESS Active Parking Assist 64 Color Ambient Lighting Wireless Charging Burnester® Surround Sound System “The 2020 model leans in even further to the idea that the GLS is the S-Class of SUVs…” -CAR AND DRIVER, APR ’19 Key Highlights 3.0L inline-6 turbo engine…
With the Concept GLB at Auto Shanghai (April 18 to 25, 2019), Mercedes-Benz shows what SUV ideas on the company’s compact car platform might be realized alongside the GLA as a sporty all-rounder. While the latter promises engaging driving enjoyment with its coupe-like lines, the Concept GLB…
The Autotrader 2019 Best New Cars were chosen on a wide-ranging set of criteria, including interior comfort and materials, build quality, available features and ride quality. Each vehicle was agreed upon unanimously by the entire editorial and data team at Autotrader. To be considered, a vehicle must be of the current or next model-year and…
Details are everything. That’s why we hand pick our Certified Pre-Owned inventory with rare and specialty vehicles, prepped and reconditioned to be as good as new! Check out our special financing rates going on now during the Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Sales Event.
If you’re shopping for a luxury SUV available at a reasonable price, the 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC is a top pick. The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 price starts at $40,700* — making it a smart choice for all sorts of Westfield families. Slightly more expensive than the GLA but more cost-effective than the GLE, the new…
The Mercedes-Benz Spring Event is here at Mercedes-Benz of Union! Get a fresh new start with an exclusive offer on select Mercedes-Benz vehicles. Learn More at Mercedes-Benz of Union See offers on select vehicles during the Mercedes-Benz Spring Event. Come in to Mercedes-Benz of Union near Westfield on 2585 US 22 W to test drive the vehicle…